Date:	Sun, 20 Sep 2009 20:35:54 -0400
From:	Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@...izon.net>
To:	Luca Tettamanti <kronos.it@...il.com>,
Subject: Re: [lm-sensors] it87 sensors need an ACPI driver (2.6.31)

On Sunday 20 September 2009, Luca Tettamanti wrote:
>On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 10:37 PM, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@...izon.net>
wrote:

>>>[...]
>>>
>>>Try the asus_atk0110 driver, it handles the ACPI hwmon interface on
>>>Asus motherboards. If it does not work then please send a dump of your
>>>DSDT (/sys/firmware/acpi/tables/DSDT).
>>
>> Jumping in the middle of this, I am another that it87 doesn't work very
>> well for,  ASUS M2N SLI Deluxe board.
>
>Please define "doesn't work well". asus_atk0110 should handle that
>board. In case of troubles enable CONFIG_HWMON_DEBUG_CHIP, load
>asus_atk0110 and post the content of the kernel log.

With that CONFIG_HWMON_DEBUG_CHIP enabled, dmesg (attached) looks semi-
kosher, but neither gkrellm nor sensors can show me data until it87 is
loaded.  I unloaded it87 and reloaded it several times just now.  Something
funkity someplace...  Is there a new application I need to dl and install?
Or does Bill need to work on gkrellm?

Thanks Luca.