Date:	Mon, 5 Oct 2009 21:05:26 -0700
From:	Sukadev Bhattiprolu <sukadev@...ux.vnet.ibm.com>
To:	Daniel Lezcano <dlezcano@...ibm.com>
Cc:	Pavel Emelianov <xemul@...nvz.org>,
	Sukadev Bhattiprolu <sukadev@...ibm.com>,
	Linux Containers <containers@...ts.osdl.org>,
Subject: Re: pidns memory leak

Daniel Lezcano [dlezcano@...ibm.com] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am facing a problem with the pid namespace when I launch the following
> lxc commands:
>
> lxc-execute -n foo sleep 3600 &
> ls -al /proc/$(pidof lxc-init)/exe && lxc-stop -n foo
>
> All the processes related to the container are killed, but there is
> still a refcount on the pid_namespace which is never released.

Thanks for the bug report.

Did you notice any leak in 'struct pids' also or just the pid_namespace ?
If the pids are not leaking, this may be slightly different from the problem
Catalin Marinas ran into:

	http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/7/29/406

And the pid_namespace does not seem to reproduce for me, with out the
'ls -al /proc/...' above, or with the simpler 'ns_exec' approach to
creating pid namespace.

I am going through the code for lxc-execute, but does it remount /proc
in the container ?

Sukadev