Date:	Thu, 29 Oct 2009 22:48:42 +0100
From:	Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@...il.com>
To:	Pekka Enberg <penberg@...helsinki.fi>
Cc:	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>, linux-wireless@...r.kernel.org,
	netdev@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	linville@...driver.com
Subject: Re: pull request: wireless-next-2.6 2009-10-28

On Thursday 29 October 2009 20:45:07 Pekka Enberg wrote:
> Hi Bart,
>
> On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 4:14 PM, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz
> <bzolnier@...il.com> wrote:
> >> lots of cleanups to the staging drivers, why not direct some of that
> >> energy to the drivers/net/wireless ones?
> >
> > When did we start to apply "fix it yourself" rule instead of "submitter
> > should fix it" one to the _new_ code..
>
> Don't be silly, I didn't say that.

Sorry, I must have misunderstood you.

> I was simply pointing out that your time would probably be better
> spent in improving the "proper" ralink wireless drivers but if you

Thanks for the concern.  However recent discussions made my realize how
I should really be spending my time effectively way too well.

> _really_ prefer to spend your time in pointless arguments, go ahead.

I don't think that my technical arguments are pointless.

Quite the contrary, I'm pretty confident that addressing my review concerns
would result in better RT28x00 / RT30x0 support in the very near future.

> It should be pretty obvious by now that the best way to improve things
> is to work with the relevant maintainers, not against them. (Unless
> you wish your work to be ignored, of course.)

I work with a lot of other maintainers.  I would say that providing valuable
review feedback is also "working with" (at least I would be very happy with
such feedback in my projects).

--
Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz