Date:	Mon, 16 Nov 2009 11:12:10 +0800
From:	"Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)" <space.time.universe@...il.com>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Cc:	space.time.universe@...il.com
Subject: Re: Inclusion of Xen Pv-Ops Dom0 Support in Linus Torvalds' Mainline
	Linux Kernel?

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 12:21 AM, Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)
<space.time.universe@...il.com> wrote:
> Dear Kernel Developers,
>
> I am looking forward to the inclusion of Xen pvops dom0 support in the
> mainline Linux kernel.
>
> According to the release notes for Fedora 12, it says that support for
> Xen dom0 is hopeful in kernel 2.6.33.
>
> Could anyone confirm that inclusion of Xen dom0 is being planned for
> kernel 2.6.33?
>
> Thank you.

Dear All,

I am not a kernel developer or a software developer. I am not a
programmer by profession. I am talking about Xen purely from an end
user's standpoint.

Here are short video clips that I took of Xen pv-ops dom0
implementations on my Fedora 11 Linux x86_64 host operating system.
All of my tech videos are currently hosted on Youtube. You can watch
videos of the open source Xen hypervisor in action at

http://www.youtube.com/user/enmingteo

This is the current list of video titles:

1. PCI Express x16 VGA Passthrough to Xen-based Windows XP Home HVM
Virtual Machine

2. The Final Solution: Open Source Xen VGA Passthrough

3. Playing 3D FPS Game Alien Arena in Xen-based Windows XP Home
Edition HVM Virtual Machine

4. Xen Virtualization VGA Passthrough: 3D Gaming Benchmark Results

5. Xen Virtualization VGA Passthrough: Disk I/O Benchmark Results

6. Xen Virtualization VGA Passthrough: PerformanceTest 7.0 Virtual CPU
Benchmark Results

7. Xen Virtualization VGA Passthrough: SiSoftware Sandra Virtual
Processor Benchmark

8. Xen Virtualization VGA Passthrough: Playing 3D FPS Games in Windows
XP HVM Virtual Machine

9. Xen Virtualization & Intel VT-d: Direct Hardware Access to Graphics
Card by Windows Virtual Machines

10. Xen Virtualization, VT-d, VGA Passthrough, & Windows XP HVM
Virtual Machine: Super PI 32M Benchmark

11. How to Setup a Virtual Supercomputer Center or HPC Cluster using
Xen Virtual Machines

12. Building a Rocks HPC Cluster with Xen Hardware Virtual Machines (HVM)

As you can see, Xen is very useful to end users, the scientific
community and enterprises. Please do consider merging Xen pvops dom0
code into the Linux kernel.

Thank you very much.

--
Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) Dip(Mechatronics) BEng(Hons)(Mechanical
Engineering)