Date:	Tue, 24 Nov 2009 05:35:01 +0100
From:	Norbert Preining <preining@...ic.at>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, dri-devel@...ts.sourceforge.net
Subject: intel, KMS, suspend2ram resume, screen black

Dear all,

(please Cc)

I am running 2.6.32-rc8 with KMS on Debian/sid:
xserver-xorg: 7.4+4
video-intel: 2.9.0-1

Suspend to RAM and resume works without any problems, but the one that
the screen remains dark. I can switch to a console, can log in there,
can shutdown the computer, all fine, but the sscreen is completely black.

In addition, I have the impression that resume is immediately followed
by a suspend call.

Before swithcing to KMS susepnd/resume worked, so I assume that this
is a KMS issue.

I attach a log (syslog) of the cycle from initial suspend to the
manual shutdown.

Please let me know if I can help debug that in a way.

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining                                        Associate Professor
JAIST Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology   preining@...st.ac.jp
Vienna University of Technology                               preining@...ic.at
Debian Developer (Debian TeX Task Force)                    preining@...ian.org