Date:	Wed, 02 Dec 2009 10:21:18 +0100
From:	Edward Shishkin <edward.shishkin@...il.com>
To:	Johannes Buchner <buchner.johannes@....at>
CC:	reiserfs-devel@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: reiser4: newbie help needed?

Johannes Buchner wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am possibly interested in helping out. Who is currently working on
> reiser4?

Nobody.
Because there is no bugreports.

>  I took a look at the TODO lists, are there any simple tasks to
> do for newbies?

If you mean the "todo for inclusion", then no.

Reiser4 has only one technical issue. It can
be resolved only by very experienced people.

> Also, where is the latest code development going on?

in -mm

> I also believe that on 'sync', reiser4 currently does absolutely
> nothing.

this is not good: a file system should respond on sync (1).

>  The comment in reiser4_sync_inodes says reiser4 does its own
> flush elsewhere. Should this be different?

you might want to ask such question _before_ sending patches to akpm.

BTW excellent comment, what is not clear?

/**
 * reiser4_sync_inodes - sync_inodes of super operations
 * @super:
 * @wbc:
 *
 * This method is called by background and non-backgound writeback.
Reiser4's
 * implementation uses generic_sync_sb_inodes to call reiser4_writepages for
 * each of dirty inodes. Reiser4_writepages handles pages dirtied via shared
 * mapping - dirty pages get into atoms. Writeout is called to flush some
 * atoms.
 */

Edward.