Date:	Wed, 02 Dec 2009 13:32:06 +0200
From:	jouni.hogander@...ia.com (Högander Jouni)
To:	ext Mark Brown <broonie@...nsource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Cc:	"Valentin Eduardo \(Nokia-D\/Helsinki\)" <eduardo.valentin@...ia.com>,
	"De-Schrijver Peter \(Nokia-D\/Helsinki\)"
	<Peter.De-Schrijver@...ia.com>,
	"Keski-Saari Juha.1 \(EXT-Teleca\/Helsinki\)"
	<ext-juha.1.keski-saari@...ia.com>,
	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	"lrg\@slimlogic.co.uk" <lrg@...mlogic.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Doubt about Regulator Framework and VBAT use case

ext Mark Brown <broonie@...nsource.wolfsonmicro.com> writes:

> On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 12:41:02PM +0200, Eduardo Valentin wrote:
>
>> I'm writing to ask about VBAT use case. What is the expected
>> way to use regulator framework in case of rail coming from battery?
>> Should it be added to the regulator framework at all?

>> However, drivers for devices on that rail would require their regulator anyway.
>> And I guess the point would be that drivers should not be aware that they are on VBAT
>> or any other rail.
>
> I'd add it as a fixed voltage regulator and either not specify the
> voltage or specify the nominal voltage.

I was preparing patch for this when I noticed that fixed voltage
regulator can control only one regulator. Are you aware of any ongoing
work to enable control for multiple regulators in
fixed-voltage-regulator?

--
Jouni Högander