Date:	Sat, 5 Dec 2009 12:48:57 +0700
From:	Emmanuel Benisty <benisty.e@...il.com>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Cc:	tiwai@...e.de, jbarnes@...tuousgeek.org
Subject: 2.6.31 -> 2.6.32 Sound and video regressions

Hi,

I hope I didn't miss something but given the traffic of LKML, that
could have happened.

I just wanted to report 2 regressions I am having now with 2.6.32.

Video
Screen is flickering/glitching like crazy in X. It happens whether
randomly or when conky is refreshed, when the mouse cursor moves and
like hell when a page is loading in the browser. Not so easy to
describe this issue.
Xorg.0.log is attached.
(I've uploaded an utterly crappy mobile phone video if needed but I
doubt this could be of any help, anyway, it's here
http://omploader.org/vMngzcA/Xorg.tar.bz2 )

Sound
The "Front" mixer channel has disappeared. I'm left with no sound and
no way to enable it.
alsa-info.sh output is attached.

As it may be useful, dmesg and kernel config are attached too.

This is a "simple user" report, I am aware that it is lacking any
technical expertise so, should anyone need any other information, I'll
happily submit what will be requested of course.

Thanks in advance.

View attachment "dmesg.txt" of type "text/plain" (33727 bytes)

Download attachment "Xorg.0.log" of type "application/octet-stream" (12626 bytes)

Download attachment "alsa-info.txt.N4M5qOkiEp" of type "application/octet-stream" (19397 bytes)

Download attachment "config" of type "application/octet-stream" (79932 bytes)