Date:	Wed, 23 Dec 2009 09:49:35 +0100
From:	Ingo Molnar <mingo@...e.hu>
To:	Tejun Heo <tj@...nel.org>
Cc:	Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>,
	Peter Zijlstra <peterz@...radead.org>, awalls@...ix.net,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, jeff@...zik.org,
	akpm@...ux-foundation.org, jens.axboe@...cle.com,
	rusty@...tcorp.com.au, cl@...ux-foundation.org,
	dhowells@...hat.com, arjan@...ux.intel.com, avi@...hat.com,
	johannes@...solutions.net, andi@...stfloor.org
Subject: Re: workqueue thing

Which is why i said this in the next paragraph:

> > ( Plus reduction in driver complexity can be measured as well, in the
> >   diffstat space.)

A new facility that is so mysterious that it cannot be shown to have any
performance/scalability/latency benefit _nor_ can it be shown to reduce driver
complexity simply does not exist IMO.

A tangle benefit has to show up _somewhere_ - if not in the performance space
then in the diffstat space (and vice versa) - that's all what i'm arguing.

	Ingo