Date:	Sat, 2 Jan 2010 23:51:23 -0500
From:	Jarod Wilson <jarodwilson@...il.com>
To:	Jon Smirl <jonsmirl@...il.com>
Cc:	Manu Abraham <abraham.manu@...il.com>, Greg KH <greg@...ah.com>,
	Peter Paul <abnominales@....de>, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	davilla@....com, Jarod Wilson <jarod@...sonet.com>,
	nsankar@...adcom.com
Subject: Re: [patch staging] BCM70010 (crystalhd) Linux Driver

On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 5:03 PM, Jon Smirl <jonsmirl@...il.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 1:17 PM, Manu Abraham <abraham.manu@...il.com> wrote:
>> Hi Greg,

>>> Did you really author this driver?  If so, that's fine, just checking.
>>> If not, please put the correct authorship "From:" in the patch.
>>
>> I am not the author of the driver. I just picked it up and cleaned it
>> up for Coding style changes for it to be included.
>
> I'm not against this submission, but would it be better to wait until
> Monday when the Broadcom authors are back as see if they want to
> submit their own driver? That way changes would end up back in their
> internal VCS.

Yes, please hold off a bit on this, I've actually been working on this
driver with Scott and Naren (cc'd) for several months now (which is
part of why it doesn't look so much like a lot of typical vendor code
;), and was planning to handle the submission on Naren and Broadcom's
behalf. Just didn't expect someone else to hop on it this quickly. Was
planning to get a git tree up on git.kernel.org over the weekend for
both the driver and the lib, start prepping patches for review, etc.,
but family time and home improvement projects have taken precedence
the past few days (not to mention a few other driver projects that
sucked up time earlier in the break, *cough* IR).

--
Jarod Wilson
jarodwilson@...il.com