Date:	Tue, 05 Jan 2010 23:41:02 +0100
From:	Steinhauer Juergen <gawith@....de>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: New HID device Philips Remote RC 153_Vista

Hi,

I have a new IR remote control, packaged with a new Acer PC.
The device is recognized as 'MCE USB IR Receiver- Spinel plus' and is
named 'Philips RC 153_Vista'.
(http://www.remotecontrol.philips.com/index.cfm?act=dspProduct&productUUID=DED676F4-EDF7-2FB6-CA3E74876E2D89AE&segmentUUID=2599F159-B824-8AE6-14B94D15FC6DDA22&id=1223)

Most of the buttons are working, but not all. For these buttons not even
an event is generated.

Attached the output of hid debug. I've pressed following keys:

-the "Windows" key
-the "looks-like-a-TV-with-a-filled-circle-in-it" key
-the "looks-like-a-TV-with-a-filled-triangle-in-it" key
-the "square-with-a-CD-in-it" key
-the "text" key
-the red key
-the green key
-the yellow key
-the blue key

I hope this helps to get this remote working.

Regards.

View attachment "hid.debug" of type "text/plain" (79796 bytes)