Date:	Sat, 30 Jan 2010 20:29:42 +0100
From:	Sebastian <beyonder7@...n.pl>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Uppgrade from OpenSuse 11.1 to 11.2 causes Acer laptop to overheating...

Hello,
I desperately seeks help or any advice from kernel experts.
I have Acer Aspire 5315 laptop and when I updated my OpenSuse 11.1 to
11.2 the laptop started to shut down to prevent overheat.
I noticed that no fan is running and trying and playing with sensors,
sometimes I get information from one sensor that always says 40C, and
sometimes also
from coretemp sensor that shows rapidly increasing temperature from 50C
to 85-89C.

I have this problem with base and pae kernel that was attached to
opensuse installation dvd, and later upgraded it for 2.6.33-r5 from
OpenSuse Factory repo - results the same.
Does any expert have some suggestions?

On several message boards there are advice that flashin BIOS should
solve the problem, but IMO it can be the only solution - Linux shouldn't
work that way.
On the same machine i have XP and everything is OK, stable temperature
is maintained, I also recently clean the vents from dust and other stuff.

Best regards
Sebastian Szwarc

ps. because i am not subsribed to that group could You send suggestions
directly to my email?
thanks