Date:	Tue, 2 Feb 2010 16:44:50 +0100
From:	Ingo Molnar <mingo@...e.hu>
To:	Dave Airlie <airlied@...ux.ie>
Cc:	torvalds@...ux-foundation.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	dri-devel@...ts.sf.net
Subject: Re: [crash, PATCH] Revert "drm/radeon/kms: move radeon KMS on/off
 switch out of staging."

* Dave Airlie <airlied@...ux.ie> wrote:

> > It's the moving of radeom KMS out of staging after -rc6 that causes it,
> > because it brought it into the scope of my testing:
> >
> >  f71d018: drm/radeon/kms: move radeon KMS on/off switch out of staging.
> >
> > So at least on this box it's clearly not ready for mainline enablement
> > yet. I've attached the revert patch further below.
>
> Its not enabled by default so reverting this doesn't make much sense.

I boot allyesconfig kernels regularly, which testing method works fine with
another 2000+ upstream drivers. (including the dozens of drivers which match
to active hardware components on that box)

> We can just treat this as a normal driver bugreport.

Commit f71d0187 is post-rc6, so i'm not sure it fits your "this is business
as usual, lets move on" characterisation.

Thanks,

	Ingo