Date:	Wed, 10 Mar 2010 15:15:12 +0530
From:	"Desai, Kashyap" <Kashyap.Desai@....com>
To:	Sachin Sant <sachinp@...ibm.com>
CC:	"linux-next@...r.kernel.org" <linux-next@...r.kernel.org>,
	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	"Moore, Eric" <Eric.Moore@....com>
Subject: RE: [-next Feb 9] Boot failure on x86_64: mptbase fails to
 initialize

Sachin,

This may be related to something specific to your system's APIC/or bad HW rather than pure driver issue.
Below line from log is important to note.
"mptsas 0000:03:04.0: can't find IRQ for PCI INT A; probably buggy MP table"

It means LSI controller is not able to reserve IRQ line and that is where all problem starts.
Need to broaden the scope of the issue.

Another confusing thing to me.
I have seen "probably buggy MP table" print only in arch/x86, but you have mentioned that in your case arch is x86_64.

Thanks,
Kashyap