Date:	Fri, 12 Mar 2010 00:10:37 +1100
From:	dave b <db.pub.mail@...il.com>
To:	Daniel Mack <daniel@...aq.de>
Cc:	Uwe Kleine-König
	<u.kleine-koenig@...gutronix.de>,
	linux-arm-kernel@...ts.infradead.org,
	Mikael Pettersson <mikpe@...uu.se>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: weirdness with compiling a 2.6.33 kernel on arm debian

2010/3/8 Daniel Mack <daniel@...aq.de>:
> On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 10:53:37AM +0100, Uwe Kleine-König wrote:
>> On Sun, Mar 07, 2010 at 12:05:21PM +1100, dave b wrote:
>> > Ok... however how should one test the memory of an arm machine? ...
>> > memtest is only for x86. *I am referring to the kernel memtest and not
>> > memtest86.
>> The easiest is:  rerun make and check if it fails at exactly the same
>> place.
>
> Hmm, I wonder whether this is in any way related to what Pavel and Cyril
> reported in the 'bit error' thread.
>
> Dave, does your bootloader have any memory test built-in? Do you see the
> same issues with any older kernel?
>
> FWIW, we're currently hunting a strange bug with hanging tasks, which
> only seems to affect systems with Wifi enabled. That might be totally
> unrelated to both of these issues though.
>
> Daniel

U-boot apparently has a very simple memory checker, this doesn't help
me as I don't have serial access. I have now re-compiled the 2.6.33
kernel whilst the device has been on the 2.6.33 kernel 4 times now
*without* an *error*. I also ran memtester for a while using most of
the memory on the device, without invoking the oom killer.

I will re-run these tests on the 2.6.32.7 kernel soon.