Date:	Sat, 13 Mar 2010 13:50:35 +0100
From:	Fabio Comolli <fabio.comolli@...il.com>
To:	Corentin Chary <corentin.chary@...il.com>
	Len Brown <lenb@...nel.org>
Subject: Re: Possible bug in eeepc-laptop.c - EeePC 900

Well, I'm confused.

I rebooted with the "vanilla" eeepc-laptop.c and I'm sorry to say that
the situation it's not like the one I described in the post I wrote 2
days ago. Actually the situation with the patch reverted is the same I
have with the patch applied.

What I mean is that if I boot on AC power /proc/cpuinfo always reports
900MHz and 1800 bogomips. It I boot on battery /proc/cpuinfo always
reports 630MHz and 1260 bogomips. Plugging / unplugging the AC does
not change the situation. Only reboot does.

But the cpufv interface does indeed seem to work, as glxgears and
stellarium show the frame rate change accordingly to the powersave /
performance selection.

So my question is: what does really the cpufv interface do? Is it
supposed to change the processor frequency? Or does it change
something else?

And if the answer to the latest question is affirmative, why
/proc/cpuinfo seems to ignore it?

Sorry for the confusion.
Regards,
Fabio