Date:	Thu, 1 Apr 2010 20:53:52 -0500
From:	Taylor Lewick <taylor.lewick@...il.com>
To:	Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet@...il.com>
Cc:	netdev@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Increased Latencies when upgrading kernel version

Okay.  I will get this info out to the list Monday.  Briefly, I'm
using identical hardware (server), identical NICs, same drivers,
connected to same switch, and using udpping, hackbench, and an
internall written app to test latency.  Without exception the
evolution has looked like the following.

2.6.16.60 latencies for system and network are fast.  Meaning
hackbench and udpping win, and win by quite a bit.

2.6.27.19 was awful.  2.6.32.1 and 2.6.331. were better for networking
(with some tweaks, i.e. disable netfilter, etc), and I was able to get
networking latencies to within 1-3 microseconds of 2.6.16.60
latencies, but the hackbench results are still pretty bad.

Again, I'll post numbers and more detailed hardware info on Monday
when I'm back at office...