Date:	Fri, 23 Apr 2010 20:41:41 +0200
From:	"Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@...k.pl>
To:	Mark Brown <broonie@...nsource.wolfsonmicro.com>,
	Jean Delvare <khali@...ux-fr.org>
Cc:	Greg KH <gregkh@...e.de>, Greg KH <greg@...ah.com>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, linux-pm@...ts.linux-foundation.org
Subject: Re: platform_bus: Allow runtime PM by default

On Friday 23 April 2010, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> On Friday 23 April 2010, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

> > > Despite the patch title being I2C specific it actually includes exposing
> > > some of the runtime PM implementation to external users - I2C being the
> > > first user of the generic PM runtime callbacks that I'm trying to use in
> > > the platform device implementation.
> > >
> > > http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/sfr/linux-next.git;a=commitdiff;h=ad530128cd302e5df930b6eb4d4c7e162c40fcb2;hp=b938b00444e900f1c86e754539e3d00f172c184e
> > > http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/sfr/linux-next.git;a=commitdiff;h=d690b2cd222afc75320b9b8e9da7df02e9e630ca

> > > OK, Raphael please let me know if you need a resend.
> >
> > No, thanks, I have your original post.
>
> Now applied to suspend-2.6/linux-next .

Reverted, sorry.

The i2c patch is not in my tree, it's in the i2c tree.
Perhaps I can handle the both of them.

Jean, the patch we're discussing depends on the
"i2c: Fix bus-level power management callbacks" patch that's in your tree right
now.  Would it be possible to move the i2c patch to my tree, or alternatively
would it be acceptable for you to merge a core PM patch through your tree?

Rafael