Date:	Thu, 13 May 2010 09:58:27 -0700 (PDT)
From:	Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
To:	Dmitry Torokhov <dmitry.torokhov@...il.com>
cc:	Andrew Morton <akpm@...ux-foundation.org>,
	linux-input@...r.kernel.org, Bastien Nocera <hadess@...ess.net>
Subject: Re: [git pull] Input updates for 2.6.34-rc6

On Thu, 13 May 2010, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> PnP information _commonly_ doesn't inclure PS/2 ports, even when they
> exist. Lack of PnP information about the keyboard port means absolutely
> nothing, and anybody who tells you otherwise is totally and utterly wrong.
>
> So don't confuse this with PnP issues. That's a total red herring, and
> Apple is _not_at_all_ "doing the proper thing in the BIOS".

Btw, was this an EFI boot?

I could easily see bootcamp working (it's been tested with Windows, after
all), but not EFI (I've heard rumors of Windows booting from EFI, but I
don't know if those are actually correct).

And I'd be a _lot_ more open to saying "if you booted from EFI, then we're
going to ignore any legacy devices that aren't in PnP tables".

In fact, we effectively do that today by having different code-paths for
ia64 (which was EFI) and x86 (which is obviously traditionally not EFI).

			Linus