Date:	Sat, 05 Jun 2010 10:20:55 +1000
From:	Nigel Cunningham <ncunningham@...a.org.au>
To:	Pavel Machek <pavel@....cz>
CC:	pm list <linux-pm@...ts.linux-foundation.org>,
	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	TuxOnIce-devel <tuxonice-devel@...onice.net>
Subject: Re: [linux-pm] [SUSPECTED SPAM] Re: Proposal for a new algorithm
 for	reading & writing a hibernation image.

Hi again.

As I think about this more, I reckon we could run into problems at
resume time with reloading the image. Even if some bits aren't modified
as we're writing the image, they still might need to be atomically
restored. If we make the atomic restore part too small, we might not be
able to do that.

So perhaps the best thing would be to stick with the way TuxOnIce splits
the image at the moment (page cache / process pages vs 'rest'), but
using this faulting mechanism to ensure we do get all the pages that are
changed while writing the first part of the image.

Regards,

Nigel