Date:	Sun, 6 Jun 2010 01:20:16 -0700
From:	Brian Swetland <swetland@...gle.com>
To:	Vitaly Wool <vitalywool@...il.com>
Cc:	Arve Hjønnevåg <arve@...roid.com>,
	Arjan van de Ven <arjan@...radead.org>, tytso@....edu,
	Florian Mickler <florian@...kler.org>,
	Peter Zijlstra <peterz@...radead.org>,
	"H. Peter Anvin" <hpa@...or.com>,
	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>, Neil Brown <neilb@...e.de>,
	James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@...e.de>,
	Alan Cox <alan@...rguk.ukuu.org.uk>,
	Linux PM <linux-pm@...ts.linux-foundation.org>,
	Ingo Molnar <mingo@...e.hu>,
	Thomas Gleixner <tglx@...utronix.de>,
	Felipe Balbi <felipe.balbi@...ia.com>
Subject: Re: [linux-pm] suspend blockers & Android integration

On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 12:52 AM, Vitaly Wool <vitalywool@...il.com> wrote:
> 2010/6/5 Arve Hjønnevåg <arve@...roid.com>:
>>
>> We clearly have different standards for what we consider good. We
>> measure time suspended in minutes or hours, not seconds, and waking up
>> every second or two causes a noticeable decrease in battery life on
>> the hardware we have today.
>
> Are you stating that the existing Android implementation enters the
> suspended state for hours for any of the existing designs?

It varies depending on device and usage.  The battery monitoring on
NexusOne happens every ten minutes, so that's the longest you'll see a
N1 suspended for.  On a G1 or Dream/myTouch you can see 20-30 minutes
between wakeups (depending on network issues and background data sync
traffic), and if you have background data sync off those devices can
sit in suspend for days at a time (unless you receive a phone call or
something).  In "airplane mode", with no local alarms, a device can
easily sit in the lowest power state for a month or so, until the
battery finally runs out.

Brian