Date:	Thu, 1 Jul 2010 15:36:00 -0700
From:	Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@...otime.net>
To:	Greg KH <greg@...ah.com>
Cc:	Florian Fainelli <florian@...nwrt.org>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, stable@...nel.org,
	stable-review@...nel.org, torvalds@...ux-foundation.org,
	akpm@...ux-foundation.org, alan@...rguk.ukuu.org.uk
Subject: Re: 4 -stable kernel review cycles starting

On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 15:10:59 -0700 Greg KH wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 01, 2010 at 11:55:02PM +0200, Florian Fainelli wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Le Thursday 1 July 2010 19:51:00, Greg KH a écrit :
> > > First off, sorry for the long delay in the -stable kernel releases, they
> > > got pushed to the back-burner for other things recently ("Hey look, is
> > > that the sun finally here in the Pacific Northwest?")
> > >
> > > Please note that there are still a large number of patches that have
> > > been submitted to the -stable trees for inclusion, that I have not
> > > included yet.  Do not worry, they are still in my queue, but due to the
> > > large number of patches that I already have queued up, I figured it was
> > > better to get what I have applied already out for a release and then
> > > work on catching up after this.
> > >
> > > If anyone has any questions about this, please let me know.
> >
> > Looks like this cpmac patch was not included in this -stable series:
> > http://www.spinics.net/lists/netdev/msg133317.html
> >
> > Can you queue it for future -stable releases or this one?
>
> {sigh}
>
> Did you see the second paragraph above as to why it isn't in this
> release?

I did. :)
and I saw the third paragraph above.
["If anyone has any questions about this, please let me know."]

> And yes, it will be in future ones.

Unfortunately, I don't find it feasible to review several hundred patches
in the next 3 days.  I think that I understand how your stable & staging
cycles (workloads) work, but I also think that it would help if you
wouldn't batch all stable reviews together like this.

---
~Randy