Date:	Wed, 28 Jul 2010 20:39:21 +0100
From:	Alan Cox <alan@...rguk.ukuu.org.uk>
To:	Mattia Jona-Lasinio <mattia.jona@...il.com>
Cc:	Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@...ux-m68k.org>,
	James Simmons <jsimmons@...radead.org>,
	Florian Tobias Schandinat <FlorianSchandinat@....de>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, lcd-linux-users@...ts.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: Introducing the LCD-Linux project

> was born. Implementing this  in the standard Linux terminal emulation
> would require
> a rewrite of most of the code, which I personally would do only if
> there is some interest from
> the community in improving the standard Linux console

There is a great deal of interest. Most of the console (as in
framebuffer) activity moved to the 3D direct rendering world some time
ago.

Let's start at the beginning. What console layer things need fixing to
make the LCD Linux project able to use them ?

Multiple displays live at once is an obvious one - the 3D graphics folks
also want some of that too.

Alan