Date:	Fri, 06 Aug 2010 13:33:27 +0900
From:	Kukjin Kim <kgene.kim@...sung.com>
To:	'Stephen Rothwell' <sfr@...b.auug.org.au>
Cc:	linux-next@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	'Joonyoung Shim' <jy0922.shim@...sung.com>,
	'Kyungmin Park' <kyungmin.park@...sung.com>,
	'Dmitry Torokhov' <dmitry.torokhov@...il.com>,
	'Russell King - ARM Linux' <linux@....linux.org.uk>
Subject: RE: linux-next: manual merge of the input tree with the s5p tree

Stephen Rothwell wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 09:43:34 +0900 Kukjin Kim <kgene.kim@...sung.com>
wrote:

> > I know that Dmitry's 'Input: samsung-keypad...patch' which includes
> > plat/keypad.h has been merged Linus' tree in this merge window.
> > And Joonyoung's another patch which is in my tree needs to update it,
but my
> > tree is don't having it against Linus' 2.6.35.
> >
> > So happened conflict...how can/should I handle this...
> > Should I rebase my tree against Linus' latest?
>
> Either rebase (worst), or just merge Linus' tree (better) into yours or
> (best) merge what Dmitry merged into Linus' tree.  To do this last, you
> need to merge commit d01d0756f75e7a5b4b43764ad45b83c4340f11d6 from Linus'
> tree.  Doing this brings in the minimum amount of extra stuff to your
> tree, but allows you to sort out the conflict.

Thanks for your kindly reply.

I will merge Dmitry's merge commit that you inform to me in my tree.
Then, conflict may be not happened tomorrow. :-)

Cc'ed Russell...

I wonder...as you know, my tree will going to upstream through Russell's
tree...if his tree doesn't having it, is it no problem when he merges my
tree?
I mean, is it no problem that there are Dmitry's stuff which has been merged
into Linus' in my tree when I'm sending 'pull request' to Russell?

Thanks.

Best regards,
Kgene.
--
Kukjin Kim <kgene.kim@...sung.com>, Senior Engineer,
SW Solution Development Team, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.