Date:	Sat, 07 Aug 2010 15:29:43 +0200
From:	Piotr Hosowicz <piotr@...owicz.com>
To:	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: The horror is over, but I deleted and forgot some lines - please
 help

On 05.08.2010 17:19, Piotr Hosowicz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I git-synchronized linux kernel source but it failed to build. I
> discovered that the problem is in sound/pci/hda/hda_codec.c . There was
> some git specific line of text, so I just deleted it and some other two
> lines. It failed again because one of the lines that I just deleted
> contained trailing { brace, closing for statement as far as I remember.
>
> Can somebody remind me what had I deleted at first? And how to spot such
> situations in the future? I thought that I could write a script to
> search and i.e. grep *.c files in the source to catch such coliding
> places. But I don't know what should I search.

Hello,

Nobody can remind me? What is usually written to the source files when
git failed to sync some files cleanly? I've just built fresh kernel, but
it didn't fail. Or maybe I could provoke this error some way and see
what it writes? I'd like to create a script which I would run after git
pull to search for such files.

Regards,

Piotr Hosowicz

--
Z Allegro: PRZEDMIOTEM AUKCJI JEST NOKIA 6210, ODDAŁEM JA SPEC-
JALISCIE DO WGRANIA JAKIEGOS SOFTU Z NOWYMI BAJERAMI, NO I MAM