Date:	Fri, 13 Aug 2010 19:19:33 +0300
From:	Felipe Contreras <felipe.contreras@...il.com>
To:	Felipe Contreras <felipe.contreras@...il.com>,
	paulmck@...ux.vnet.ibm.com, david@...g.hm,
	Theodore Tso <tytso@....edu>, peterz@...radead.org,
	Brian Swetland <swetland@...gle.com>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, James.Bottomley@...e.de,
	galibert@...ox.com, florian@...kler.org, menage@...gle.com,
	linux-pm@...ts.linux-foundation.org, swmike@....pp.se,
	tglx@...utronix.de, Alan Cox <alan@...rguk.ukuu.org.uk>,
	arjan@...radead.org
Subject: Re: [linux-pm] Attempted summary of suspend-blockers LKML thread,
 take three

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 6:57 PM, Dominik Brodowski
<linux@...inikbrodowski.net> wrote:

>> > At this point in the discussion, I am quite prepared to believe that you
>> > will avoid using suspend blockers, and that you will further do everything
>> > in your power to prevent anyone else from using suspend blockers.  ;-)
>>
>> I'm not tying anybody's hands.
>>
>> How are people using real-time linux if it's not on mainline? Well,
>> duuh, you apply the patches. If say Fedora was interested on it, they
>> could apply the patches, and see for themselves. People do that all
>> the time, with the mm tree, with Con Koliva's patches, etc. Once
>> people are happy with the results, things get merged. Why should this
>> be any different?
>
> Because millions of users are happy -- with Android, including suspend
> blockers.

I explicitly said somebody besides Android, specifically, somebody
with a typical linux ecosystem. You are not addressing the argument at
hand, that nobody else wants to tackle the issue this way, thus only
making the discussion more difficult.

--
Felipe Contreras