Date:	Sat, 14 Aug 2010 22:53:17 +0200
From:	Piotr Hosowicz <piotr@...owicz.com>
To:	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: ioctl definition - has it changed recently?

Hello,

I build new kernels when they become available. Now I have a problem.
After I install new kernel I have to run NVidia setup script. Starting
from git15 it fails, see attached file. The error line is here:

    /tmp/selfgz6622/NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-256.35/kernel/nv.c: At top level:
    /tmp/selfgz6622/NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-256.35/kernel/nv.c:426: error:
unknown field ‘ioctl’ specified in initializer
    /tmp/selfgz6622/NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-256.35/kernel/nv.c:426: warning:
initialization from incompatible pointer type

In git14 everything was OK, but now it is not, also with the Git synced
kernel. Has something changed from git14 times? I hope that it changed
in Linux because it will be fixed earlier than NVidia source.

My graphic card is 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation
G96 [GeForce 9400 GT] (rev a1)

Regards,

Piotr Hosowicz

--
Muller wiedział, że Rosjanie, zamieszawszy cukier, zostawiają łyżkę w
szklance z herbatą. Chcąc sprawdzić Stirlitza, zaprosił go do siebie

View attachment "nvidia-installer.log" of type "text/x-log" (8359 bytes)