Date:	Wed, 25 Aug 2010 13:10:39 +0300
From:	"M. Vefa Bicakci" <bicave@...eronline.com>
To:	KOSAKI Motohiro <kosaki.motohiro@...fujitsu.com>
Subject: Re: [Bisected Regression in 2.6.35] A full tmpfs filesystem causeshibernationto hang

(Sorry, I am sending this again as I forgot to include LKML in the CC.)

On 25/08/10 11:39 AM, KOSAKI Motohiro wrote:

> Can you please try to avoid to use /tmp. As I said,
>
> mount -t tmpfs none /mnt/another_tmpfs
> dd if=/dev/zero of=/mnt/another_tmpfs/tmp bs=1024k count=1600
> shred -vn1 /mnt/another_tmpfs/tmp
>

> That said, We need to know you issue is lots-anon-pages issue or
> filesystem-full issue.

Hello,

I have changed my configuration so that I have a 8 gigabyte large
swap partition, and I have also made the changes you suggested
to my hibernation/fill-tmpfs script so that a tmpfs other than
/tmp is used.

Unfortunately, nothing changed. I still get hangs after a few lines
are printed to the console. The last two lines are from your patch.
Here is an observation from an actual test which ended with a hang:

=== 8< ===
PM: Preallocating image memory
shrink_all_memory: start
shrink_all_memory: req: 375019 reclaimed: 48055 free: 326810

One thing I should note is that, before your commit, I never had
any problems even though my swap size was not two times the size
of my physical memory and even though I used tmpfs as /tmp.

If there is anything I can do to debug this problem please let me
know.

Regards,

M. Vefa Bicakci