Date:	Thu, 09 Sep 2010 23:08:49 -0700
From:	"Justin P. Mattock" <justinmattock@...il.com>
To:	Norbert Preining <preining@...ic.at>
CC:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, dri-devel@...ts.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: after closing the lid and reopening it the screen remains blank

On 09/09/2010 03:41 PM, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> running: 2.6.36-rc3+ (from git) on Integrated Graphics Chipset: Intel(R) GM45
> (Sony Vaio Z11)
> Debian/unstable, so xserver 1.7.7, intel driver: 2.12.0
>
> since some recent kernel I have the following problem: When closing the
> lid on power, so the machine does not suspend, the backlight is properly
> turned off.
>
> But when I open the lid again the backlight goes on, but there is nothing
> to see: No screensaver, no activity, nothing. Switching to Console in
> blind didn't work either.
>
> The machine is still responsible (Sysrq, but also CapsLock), and
> killing the X process with Ctrl-Alt-Backspace gets me back a working
> X.
>
> I am quite sure that it *was* working in former time, but cannot
> pinpoint eaxactely when the problems started.
>
> If you need any further information or testing, please let me know.
> But it will take some time until I am back somewhere where I can
> ssh into my machine (or try if I can ssh into).
>
> Best wishes
>
> Norbert
> Norbert Preining            preining@...ist.ac.jp, logic.at, debian.org}
> JAIST, Japan                                 TeX Live&  Debian Developer
> DSA: 0x09C5B094   fp: 14DF 2E6C 0307 BE6D AD76  A9C0 D2BF 4AA3 09C5 B094

if you change up kernels and one of them causes this..then I would do a
bisect.. but if changing kernels makes no diff, then it's userpsace
related(but could be wrong) i.e. on my machine I use acpid
/etc/acpi/lid.sh in there its a simple call to s2ram (works fine(with
radeon though))looking at some of the distros scripts(no-offense) theres
loads of stuff in there todo all kinds of calls..

hope this helps.

Justin P. Mattock