Date:	Thu, 18 Nov 2010 09:23:22 -0500
From:	Vivek Goyal <vgoyal@...hat.com>
To:	Pavel Machek <pma@...go.com>
Cc:	kernel list <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>, horms@...ge.net.au,
	akpm@...ux-foundation.org, randy.dunlap@...cle.com
Subject: Re: kexec documentation missing, bad links in kdump.txt

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 10:50:15AM +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Where can one get kexec documentation?
>
> (In particular, we are trying to get it to boot on ARM board, and
> wonder if something like CONFIG_RELOCATABLE_KERNEL is needed.)

For kexec you will not need CONFIG_RELOCATABLE_KERNEL. But if you also
want to use kdump and use same bzImage as first kernel then you will
need relocatable kernel support.

For kdump I had done two presentations at OLS. You might find little
bit of kexec details too.

Kdump: Smarter, Easier, Trustier
http://www.kernel.org/doc/ols/2007/ols2007v1-pages-167-178.pdf

Kdump, a kexec based crash dumping mechanism.
http://lse.sourceforge.net/kdump/documentation/ols2oo5-kdump-paper.pdf

thanks
Vivek