Date:	Thu, 18 Nov 2010 16:32:41 -0700
From:	Myron Stowe <myron.stowe@...com>
To:	Yinghai Lu <yinghai@...nel.org>
Cc:	Nikanth Karthikesan <knikanth@...e.de>,
	Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet@...il.com>,
	Bjorn Helgaas <bjorn.helgaas@...com>,
	Ingo Molnar <mingo@...e.hu>,
	Peter Zijlstra <peterz@...radead.org>,
	Venkatesh Pallipadi <venki@...gle.com>,
	Nikhil Rao <ncrao@...gle.com>,
	Takuya Yoshikawa <yoshikawa.takuya@....ntt.co.jp>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, rjenties@...gle.com
Subject: Re: divide error in select_task_rq_fair()

On Sun, 2010-11-14 at 11:11 -0800, Yinghai Lu wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 9:36 AM, Myron Stowe <myron.stowe@...com> wrote:
> >
> > I got the same divide error with this latest patch (see attachment).  If
> > I revert commit 50f2d7f682f9, the platform boots successfully.
>
> please check patch in
> http://lkml.org/lkml/2010/11/13/181

I was able to test this patch and with it applied the system did boot
successfully.

While I think you are on the correct path with respect to this issue I
could not make any sense out of the patch heading and description.
Worse - I'm thinking that it is even mis-leading as currently written
(especially the patch heading).

Thanks,

Myron

--
Myron Stowe                             Linux Kernel Developer
Fort Collins, CO                        Office of Corporate Strategy and Technology