Date:	Thu, 2 Dec 2010 04:23:00 -0600
From:	Hari Kanigeri <hari.kanigeri@...il.com>
To:	"Varadarajan, Charulatha" <charu@...com>
Cc:	"Kanigeri, Hari" <h-kanigeri2@...com>, David Sin <davidsin@...com>,
	Greg KH <greg@...ah.com>, linux-omap@...r.kernel.org,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, linux-arm-kernel@...ts.infradead.org,
	Lajos Molnar <molnar@...com>
Subject: Re: [RFC v2 1/8] TILER-DMM: DMM-PAT driver for TI TILER

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 11:16 PM, Varadarajan, Charulatha <charu@...com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 07:57, Kanigeri, Hari <h-kanigeri2@...com> wrote:

>>> Not sure about using platform_get APIs. I think one has to use
>>> omap_hwmod_get_mpu_rt_va to get the address, which internally returns
>>> oh-<_mpu_rt_va.
>> small correction... omap_device_get_rt_va and not omap_hwmod_get_mpu_rt_va.
>
> To get the base address & irq, you need not have to use
> omap_device_get_rt_va and pass it as
> pdata and then use it during probe. Instead in probe, you may do
> something like the following:

If hwmod framework is already doing the ioremap on device address,
then it is better to use it rather than duplicating the ioremap part
again in probe function.
>From what I understand regarding omap_device_get_rt_va() function, it
is added so that Driver's can avoid doing ioremap.
check Santosh's comment on this API
http://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg92260.html