Date:	Sat, 18 Dec 2010 10:32:10 +0100
From:	Bart Van Assche <bvanassche@....org>
To:	James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@...e.de>
Cc:	Vladislav Bolkhovitin <vst@...b.net>,
	"Nicholas A. Bellinger" <nab@...ux-iscsi.org>,
	linux-scsi <linux-scsi@...r.kernel.org>,
	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	Christoph Hellwig <hch@....de>,
	"Patil, Kiran" <kiran.patil@...el.com>,
	Mike Christie <michaelc@...wisc.edu>,
	FUJITA Tomonori <fujita.tomonori@....ntt.co.jp>,
	Hannes Reinecke <hare@...e.de>,
	Boaz Harrosh <bharrosh@...asas.com>,
	Joe Eykholt <jeykholt@...co.com>, "J.H." <warthog9@...nel.org>,
	"H. Peter Anvin" <hpa@...or.com>,
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] TCM/LIO v4.0.0-rc6 for 2.6.37-rc6

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 9:27 PM, James Bottomley
<James.Bottomley@...e.de> wrote:
> [ ... ]
> Look, I'm not interested in the backstabbing.  *Both* projects have
> fairly large user bases and businesses with revenue models built around
> them, so I see that argument as a wash for both sides.

References please. Since several years there is much more activity on
the SCST mailing list than on the LIO mailing list, what makes me
wonder about the size of the LIO user base.

And regarding revenue models: I'm not sure any of these projects is
currently generating enough revenue to even sustain a single person.

Bart.