Date:	Tue, 28 Dec 2010 15:27:13 +0100
From:	Piotr Hosowicz <piotr@...owicz.com>
To:	sedat.dilek@...il.com
CC:	Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek@...glemail.com>,
	Stephen Rothwell <sfr@...b.auug.org.au>,
	linux-next@...r.kernel.org, LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for December 27

On 27.12.2010 17:16, Sedat Dilek wrote:
> 2010/12/27 Piotr Hosowicz<piotr@...owicz.com>:

>>> I tried to Google for mblk_io_submit but I didn't find anything helpful.
>>> Could you tell me how should I add this option in fstab and what will be
>>> its effect?
>>
>> As far as I understand that option regards writing, not reading. The
>> symptoms I described occured while reading only.
>>

> That's the only performance issue I am aware of in ext4 in recent time.
> Why don't you try it and present some numbers in transfer ratio (write, read)?

Ok, I'll try to measure it in shell. Now I am building newest non-next
kernel and the trial script is:

#!/bin/bash

uname -a
mount
cd /data/music
time ls -d *
cd -

This is basically what mocp does when it enters my music directory,
apart from displaying the results in ncurses based UI. Then I'll reboot
with next kernel and run it again. Will it do?

Regards,

Piotr Hosowicz

--
Ktoś zapukał do drzwi.