Date:	Thu, 17 Feb 2011 15:10:39 -0800 (PST)
From:	Sage Weil <sage@...dream.net>
To:	npiggin@...il.com
cc:	viro@...iv.linux.org.uk, Trond.Myklebust@...app.com,
	yehuda.sadeh@...amhost.com, linux-fsdevel@...r.kernel.org,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: NULL d_parent and ceph, nfs sillyrename regressions

Hi Nick,

Any progress of fixing the d_parent behavior that's breaking ceph and
sillyrename?  Just a reminder: ceph currently oopses on d_kill, and
sillyrename entries don't go away.  Your message from 3 weeks ago
suggested the fix was relatively simple and imminent, but it's getting
late in the cycle and I'm getting nervous :).

We do have an ugly hack[1] that will fix the ceph problem (by making a
copy of d_parent in the d_fsdata struct), but I'd obviously rather not
push that.

FWIW the d_parent clearing in d_kill was introduced by 949854d0.

Thanks!
sage

[1] http://ceph.newdream.net/git/?p=ceph-client.git;a=commitdiff;h=9c3db357aa3de6fd5e3ef2865e20848251aa05a4