Date:	Thu, 24 Feb 2011 13:01:57 +0100
From:	Peter Kruse <pk@...eap.com>
To:	Christoph Lameter <cl@...ux.com>
CC:	eric.dumazet@...il.com, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: I have a blaze of 353 page allocation failures, all alike

Hello,

Peter Kruse wrote:
>> On Thu, 17 Feb 2011, Peter Kruse wrote:
>>
>>> ok, I attach the early dmesg I hope this contains the information
>>> you need.
>> No it only contains what you sent before. I need the early boot
>> messages.
>
> I see, will have access to that machine again on Monday,
> will try to get them then.

it took a while to find a date for a reboot...  Unfortunately
it was not possible to get the early boot messages with the
kernel 2.6.32.23 since the compiled in log buffer is too
small.  So we installed as you suggested a more recent kernel
2.6.32.29 with a bigger log buffer, I attach the dmesg
of that, and hope that the information in there is useful.
We will keep an eye on that server with the newer kernel
to see if the allocation failures appear again.

Best regards,

   Peter

Download attachment "dmesg-2.6.32.29.gz" of type "application/x-gzip" (13689 bytes)