Date:	Fri, 6 May 2011 13:10:38 +0000
From:	KY Srinivasan <kys@...rosoft.com>
To:	Greg KH <greg@...ah.com>
CC:	"gregkh@...e.de" <gregkh@...e.de>,
	"devel@...uxdriverproject.org" <devel@...uxdriverproject.org>,
	"virtualization@...ts.osdl.org" <virtualization@...ts.osdl.org>
Subject: RE: various vmbus review comments

I audited the block and the net drivers. As part of their exit routine,
they invoke vmbus_child_driver_unregister() after properly cleaning
up all the devices they are managing. Do you still see an issue with
regards to module reference counting.

> > I will also address your comment on static initialization hv_driver instances
> > as part of other driver cleanup.
>
> No, please do this now as it will show how to properly interact with the
> vmbus core code in the correct manner.  Hopefully that will be correct,
> but I have a feeling that it will show you some places in the API that
> need to be changed...

As opposed to run-time initialization of fields such as probe, etc; I have
initialized them statically. For instance, in the blkvsc driver:

/* The one and only one */
static  struct storvsc_driver blkvsc_drv = {
        .base.probe =  blkvsc_probe,
        .base.remove =  blkvsc_remove,
        .base.shutdown = blkvsc_shutdown,
};