Date:	Fri, 27 May 2011 11:04:19 +0530
From:	viresh kumar <viresh.kumar@...com>
To:	Arnd Bergmann <arnd@...db.de>
Cc:	Barry Song <21cnbao@...il.com>,
	Russell King <linux@....linux.org.uk>,
	Nicolas Pitre <nico@...xnic.net>,
	lkml <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	Thomas Gleixner <tglx@...utronix.de>,
	"linux-arm-kernel@...ts.infradead.org"
	<linux-arm-kernel@...ts.infradead.org>,
	'Shiraz HASHIM' <shiraz.hashim@...com>,
	deepak sikri <deepak.sikri@...com>,
	Vipul Kumar SAMAR <vipulkumar.samar@...com>,
	'Rajeev KUMAR' <rajeev-dlh.kumar@...com>,
	"Vipin KUMAR (vipin.kumar@...com)" <vipin.kumar@...com>,
	Bhupesh SHARMA <bhupesh.sharma@...com>,
	Pratyush ANAND <pratyush.anand@...com>,
	Amit VIRDI <amit.virdi@...com>,
	Armando VISCONTI <armando.visconti@...com>
Subject: Re: [RFC] ARM Subarchitecture group maintainership

On 05/19/2011 07:20 PM, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
>> > i asked this because we wanted to send the source codes of
>> > CSR(http://www.csr.com) to upstream as i have told you in LDS. it
>> > looks like we need to follow the below new changes to make our source
>> > codes acceptable?
>> > 1. arm device tree
>> > 2. new pinmux framework from Linus Walleij
>> > 3. move GPIO from plat/mach to drivers/gpio?
> I would count at least the last two as mandatory, for the device tree,
> it depends on how much work it would be for you to do the conversion
> and at what time you submit the series. The longer you wait before
> submitting the series, the stricter the requirements will get.

Arnd,

We also have few patchsets for ST's SPEAr SOC family. They were already
reviewed, but never got pushed.

We will update all those pacthsets for point 2 & 3, and leave point 1 for now.
Also we will update them with our latest changes for SPEAr and will circulate
them ASAP.

Hope that's fine.

--
viresh