Date:	Fri, 24 Jun 2011 22:32:01 +0100 (BST)
From:	Paul Parsons <lost.distance@...oo.com>
To:	Jean-François Dagenais <dagenaisj@...atest.com>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, johnpol@....mipt.ru
Subject: Re: w1/ds1wm regression after 2.6.39: "bus error, retrying"

Here's the debug output from ds1wm_search():

ds1wm ds1wm: search begin
ds1wm ds1wm: pass: 1 r : 0x0000000000000000 writing SEARCH_ROM
ds1wm ds1wm: pass: 1 entering ASM
ds1wm ds1wm: pass: 1 begining nibble loop
ds1wm ds1wm: pass: 1 r': 0xd300001085da8430 d:0x0000000000000000
ds1wm ds1wm: pass: 1 nibble loop complete, exiting ASM
ds1wm ds1wm: pass: 1 resetting bus
ds1wm ds1wm: pass: 1 found 0xd300001085da8430
ds1wm ds1wm: pass: 1 complete, preparing next pass
ds1wm ds1wm: pass: 1 new d:0x0000000000000000 MS discrep bit:-1
ds1wm ds1wm: pass: 1 total: 1 search done ms d bit pos: -1

The hx4700 does indeed have a ds2760 connected to the ds1wm. I believe the ds1wm is integrated into the HTC ASIC3, but my knowledge of the hardware is almost zero.

Regards,
Paul