Date:	Thu, 30 Jun 2011 19:03:52 -0400 (EDT)
From:	Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz@...idpixels.com>
To:	"Ronciak, John" <john.ronciak@...el.com>
cc:	"linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org" <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	"e1000-devel@...ts.sourceforge.net"
	<e1000-devel@...ts.sourceforge.net>
Subject: RE: [E1000-devel] 2.6.39.2: skb_over_panic: kernel BUG at
 net/core/skbuff.c:127!

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011, Justin Piszcz wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Jun 2011, Justin Piszcz wrote:
>

>> On Mon, 27 Jun 2011, Ronciak, John wrote:
>>

> Hi,
>
> Here's another crash: (see the dmesg, its right when powering the disks up)
> http://home.comcast.net/~jpiszcz/20110627/IMG_2704.JPG
>
> In this case, I was mkfs.xfs -f (some disks attached to a sata dock) over
> an Sil 3132 card, I disconnected the card and re-ran it w/ the on-board
> SATA controller and the problem no longer occurred (crashed repeatedly
> everytime with the NIC error), strange.
>
> In any case, will let you know if there are any further crashes after
> removing that PCI-e card.
>
> Justin.

Hi,

Per:
http://www.mail-archive.com/e1000-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg04232.html

I am using the drivers on e1000.sf.net for:
e1000e
igb
igbe

version:        1.3.17-NAPI
srcversion:     BA556C5C800B0D67E5F8B84
version:        3.0.22
srcversion:     45B8078075068728A5A5573
version:        3.3.9-NAPI
srcversion:     0734B0E06E21B50A92ADDFF

No crashes when I run mkfs.xfs (w/the eSATA card back in).

Will monitor throughout to see if it recurs.
When will the current -stable versions go into mainline?

Also, is there a kernel option to 'pause' or take a screenshot of a kernel
console crash/dump/stack trace (besides kdump) and not reboot the machine
when it crashes?

I do not have any option to reboot on panic, but sometimes it still does
that.

Thanks!

Justin.