Date:	Sun, 18 Sep 2011 18:25:34 +0400
From:	James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@...senPartnership.com>
To:	Chris Boot <bootc@...tc.net>
Cc:	"Woodhouse, David" <david.woodhouse@...el.com>,
	adam radford <aradford@...il.com>,
	lkml <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	Adam Radford <linuxraid@....com>,
	"linux-scsi@...r.kernel.org" <linux-scsi@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: iommu_iova leak [inside 3w-9xxx]

On Sun, 2011-09-18 at 15:05 +0100, Chris Boot wrote:
> > Hardly ... all it's saying is that twa_exit doesn't wait for pending I/O
> > to complete, so when you remove the module it tears down in the middle
> > of an I/O.  A bug, yes, but it's not indicative of any sort of leak in
> > the maps/unmaps.
>

> James,
>
> I don't think that's the case - I had unmounted all filesystems, deactivated all volume groups, and performed a sync before waiting a few seconds and running rmmod. Next time I'll also 'echo 1 > /sys/block/sdX/device/delete' if that's helpful.

Actually, I take all that back: the driver has a bug in QUEUE_FULL
handling: twa_scsi_queue() calls twa_scsiop_execute_scsi(), which maps
the dma buffer, but if the card responds QUEUE_FULL it just returns
SCSI_MLQUEUE_HOST_BUSY without ever unmapping.  That leg in the code
frees the request but also doesn't unmap it.  In fact any error return
from twa_scsiop_execute_scsi() seems to have the same problem (but
QUEUE_FULL is the only silent one).

I trust Adam will fix this.

James