Date:	Sat, 22 Oct 2011 01:31:32 -0400
From:	Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu
To:	Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
Subject: Re: Linux 3.1-rc10

On Sat, 22 Oct 2011 06:08:31 +0300, Linus Torvalds said:

> It's ALWAYS that easy. Your argument is totally flawed. The only one
> who should be busy during the merge window is *me*. If you're busy
> during th emerge window, you're doing something wrong.

Actually, the question was "Are there enough Linus cycles to do KS
and all the merges in 2 weeks?". ;)

(And when I wrote "and everybody will be busy at KS", I didn't mean "Ted T'So
won't have his tree ready to pull", I meant "Linus finally gets back to his
hotel room and tries to merge Ted's tree, hits some really weird merge issue,
and Ted's not answering his e-mail or his phone because he's still discussing
something over beer and pizza down at the hotel bar, so that's *another* merge
that waits till the next day..."

> Seriously. I'm not going to extend the merge window at all. Because we
> extended the time when you could do your actual work already - if you
> waited until the merge window to do work, then I don't want to see
> your pull request ANYWAY. I'll take it the *next* merge window, thank
> you very much.

OK, so Linus will get some sleep after -rc1, which will be the customary
2 weeks.  I can deal with that answer. ;)