Date:	Mon, 5 Dec 2011 07:20:42 +0100
From:	HoP <jpetrous@...il.com>
To:	VDR User <user.vdr@...il.com>
Cc:	Andreas Oberritter <obi@...uxtv.org>,
	Alan Cox <alan@...rguk.ukuu.org.uk>,
	Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@...hat.com>,
	linux-media@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [RFC] vtunerc: virtual DVB device - is it ok to NACK driver
 because of worrying about possible misusage?

>> Well, initial report was made on vdr-portal because of our hardware announce,
>> but you can be sure the same is true if server is build on any linux hardware.
>> Here is some note:
>> http://www.vdr-portal.de/board18-vdr-hardware/board84-allgemein/106610-das-neue-netzwerk-client-der-f%C3%BCr-vdr-verwenden-k%C3%B6nnen/?highlight=vtuner
>>
>> Additional info you can find (or ask) on our forum:
>> http://forum.nessiedvb.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=11
>>
>> Please note, that compilation of vtunerc kernel driver (or loopback, or pigback
>> or whatever name the code should be used) is simple - no need for any
>> kernel real patching is required. Code can be compiled outside of the
>> kernel tree
>> (of course kernel headers are still needed).
>>
>> Some useful hints regarding userland application daemons you
>> can find in our wiki:
>> http://wiki.nessiedvb.org/wiki/doku.php?id=vtuner_mode
>>
>> When you get vtunerc and vtunerd applications connected, try
>> simple command line tuning (szap/tzap or czap) to check
>> if it works correctly. Only if you get zapping working switch
>> to vdr.
>
> Thanks for the info and links. I do know many guys who would be
> interested in this if it can provide good server/client ability with
> VDR. However, a large number of us only speak english so places like
> vdr-portal aren't much use a lot of the time. If you have english
> forums somewhere, that link would be far more useful I think.

No problem. Simply ignore first URL. All others are english :-)

I would recommend start from how-it-works-diagram:
http://code.google.com/p/vtuner/wiki/BigPicture

and then have a look  at wiki. where you can some
step-by-step info.

Anyway, don't hesitate to ask any question in our forum
or write me directly.

Honza