Date:	Fri, 6 Jan 2012 14:13:21 -0800
From:	Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
To:	Ingo Molnar <mingo@...e.hu>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, "H. Peter Anvin" <hpa@...or.com>,
	Thomas Gleixner <tglx@...utronix.de>,
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] x86/debug changes for v3.3

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 6:47 AM, Ingo Molnar <mingo@...e.hu> wrote:

> Please pull the latest x86-debug-for-linus git tree from:
>
>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip.git x86-debug-for-linus

Hell no!

Why do you send me this sh*t? The "Use NMI instead of REBOOT_VECTOR"
commit has been reported to not work AT ALL.

It was totally broken - Don Zickus sent out the email to fix the
completely bogus parenthesis in that commit just a day ago - yet you
send me this KNOWN BROKEN CRAP.

And yes, I checked. The version you sent me is the f*cked one. I was
hoping that you would have fixed it up. But no.

In short, you didn't merge the fix, and yet you sent me a patch series
that was *known* to be broken for the last three+ weeks! And I know
you were cc'd on the report, which was in the same thread as the
automatic tip-bot message for the particular broken commit, so the
particular broken commit that introduced it was well-known.

So that thing has been known broken since before Christmas, and was
due to a major typo that made a "atomic_cmpxchg()" not work *at*all* -
yet you blithely send me this crap.

Why? WHAT THE F*CK HAPPENED, INGO?

Yes, I'm angry as hell. Shit like this should NOT happen.  I don't
want people sending me known-buggy pull requests.

                        Linus