Date:	Sun, 15 Jan 2012 12:04:56 -0500
From:	Jim Faulkner <jfaulkne@....neu.edu>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
	srivatsa.bhat@...ux.vnet.ibm.com, linux-desktops@...l.com
Subject: Re: Bug: Dell Latitude E6400: reboot hangs when system has been
	suspended

This problem persists under Linux 3.2.1.  If my Dell Latitude E6400 has
been suspended to RAM, rebooting hangs.  If not, rebooting works.  I've
attached my 3.2.1 config.gz.  I'm happy to provide more information upon
request.

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 06:22:13AM +0530, Srivatsa S. Bhat wrote:
> On 10/16/2011 06:19 AM, Srivatsa S. Bhat wrote:
> > Hi Jim,
> >
> > On 10/16/2011 05:17 AM, Jim Faulkner wrote:
> >> Hi, rebooting hangs on my Dell Latitude E6400 after the system has been
> >> suspended.  The system prints "Restarting system" but freezes, and I
> >> have to hold the power button to shut down the system.
> >>
> >> Rebooting works fine if the system has not been suspended since the
> >> initial boot.  This bug only happens after the system has been suspended
> >> to ram since boot.
> >>
> >> I have tried the "reboot=acpi" and "reboot=force" kernel parameters with
> >> no change in behavior.
> >>
> >> My dmesg and dmidecode output are attached.  Please let me know if you
> >> need anymore info.
> >
> > Can you also provide the log of suspend/resume? And did you face any
> > problems while resuming the system after suspending it?

> > reporting suspend related bugs.
> >

> Adding linux-pm to CC. The boot logs are at:
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/10/15/130
>
> --
> Regards,
> Srivatsa S. Bhat  <srivatsa.bhat@...ux.vnet.ibm.com>
> Linux Technology Center,
> IBM India Systems and Technology Lab

Download attachment "config.gz" of type "application/octet-stream" (21164 bytes)