Date:	Sun, 22 Jan 2012 14:13:10 +0100
From:	"Lars Callenbach" <lars.callenbach@....de>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: PROBLEM:  nouveau & ttm module crashes

Hello,

I have had some problems with nouveau on my box. Loading the module
crashes Linux 3.2.1 (modprobe hangs with kernel trace). The following two
code fragments are relevant and should be changed:

1) drivers/gpu/drm/ttm/ttm_bo.c - line 1529
you should comment BUG_ON; this validation will be done two lines later
in drm_mm_takedown more gracefully. On my box this line is triggered
and results in a hang of modprobe.

2) drivers/gpu/drm/nouveau/nouveau_hw.c - line 1024
dev!=NULL but dev->vblank_enabled == NULL (is not catched and results in
Null pointer reference)

With both changes it is possible to load nouveau without kernel crashes on
my box.

Regards,
   Lars