Date:	Wed, 1 Feb 2012 17:47:30 +0000
From:	"Rose, Gregory V" <gregory.v.rose@...el.com>
To:	"Rose, Gregory V" <gregory.v.rose@...el.com>,
	'David Ahern' <daahern@...co.com>
CC:	'LKML' <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: RE: VFs go missing with latest kernel

I found this in the log file you sent me.  I had missed it yesterday.

[   15.835223] igb 0000:07:00.0: 7 pre-allocated VFs found - override max_vfs setting of 7
[   15.835393] igb 0000:07:00.0: 7 VFs allocated

I think that must be a bug in the code that searches for VFs already allocated and is the source of your problem.  I'll keep you updated on what I find but it has to be a bug in the VF device lookups.

- Greg