Date:	Mon, 19 Mar 2012 10:28:32 +0100
From:	Romain Francoise <romain@...bokech.com>
To:	Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
	Matthew Garrett <mjg@...hat.com>,
	Jesse Barnes <jbarnes@...tuousgeek.org>
Subject: Re: Linux 3.3 release

There seems to be a regression in the final release compared to -rc7,
specifically this commit:

> Matthew Garrett (1):
>       PCI: ignore pre-1.1 ASPM quirking when ASPM is disabled

causes an early kernel panic on my machine (Intel DP67BG). Reverting the
change fixes it. Unfortunately it crashes before setting up the video mode
so I don't have the full stack trace, but RIP points to
pcie_aspm_init_link_state().

When the machine boots successfully, dmesg contains the following related
to ASPM:

[    0.382384] ACPI FADT declares the system doesn't support PCIe ASPM, so disable it
[    0.433016] pci 0000:06:00.0: disabling ASPM on pre-1.1 PCIe device.  You can enable it with 'pcie_aspm=force'