Date:	Fri, 23 Mar 2012 09:15:22 -0500
From:	Andrew Theurer <habanero@...ux.vnet.ibm.com>
To:	Dan Smith <danms@...ibm.com>
CC:	Andrea Arcangeli <aarcange@...hat.com>,
	Thomas Gleixner <tglx@...utronix.de>,
	Ingo Molnar <mingo@...e.hu>, Paul Turner <pjt@...gle.com>,
	Suresh Siddha <suresh.b.siddha@...el.com>,
	Mike Galbraith <efault@....de>,
	"Paul E. McKenney" <paulmck@...ux.vnet.ibm.com>,
	Lai Jiangshan <laijs@...fujitsu.com>,
	Bharata B Rao <bharata.rao@...il.com>,
	Lee Schermerhorn <Lee.Schermerhorn@...com>,
	Rik van Riel <riel@...hat.com>,
	Johannes Weiner <hannes@...xchg.org>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, linux-mm@...ck.org
Subject: Re: [RFC] AutoNUMA alpha6

On 03/22/2012 01:56 PM, Dan Smith wrote:
> AA>  but now it's time to go back coding and add THP native
> AA>  migration. That will benefit everyone, from cpuset in userland to
> AA>  numa/sched.
>
> I dunno about everyone else, but I think the thing I'd like to see most
> (other than more interesting benchmarks)

We are working on the "more interesting benchmarks", starting with KVM
workloads.  However, I must warn you all, more interesting = a lot more
time to run.  These are a lot more complex in that they have real I/O,
and they can be a lot more challenging because there are response time
requirements (so fairness is an absolute requirement).  We are getting a
baseline right now and re-running with our user-space VM-to-numa-node
placement program, which in the past achieved manual binding performance
or just slightly lower.  We can then compare to these two solutions.  If
there's something specific to collect (perhaps you have a lot of stats
or data in debugfs, etc) please let me know.

-Andrew Theurer