Date:	Thu, 29 Mar 2012 12:53:31 +0100
From:	Lee Jones <lee.jones@...aro.org>
To:	Mark Brown <broonie@...nsource.wolfsonmicro.com>
CC:	Grant Likely <grant.likely@...retlab.ca>, lrg@...com,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Board breakage due to upstream patch

On 29/03/12 12:04, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 10:52:07AM +0100, Lee Jones wrote:
>
>> Your patch "regulator: Support driver probe deferral" (below) prevents my Snowball Development Board from booting.
>
>> What's the correct thing to do?
>
> Provide a report with a little more detail on the problem:
>
>    http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html
>
> It's possible the patch I posted yesterday which fixes a deadlock in
> error handling paths might help, though given that all we're doing is
> changing the error code here I'd say regulator support on your your
> board was broken anyway.  Given the lack of any detail in your report
> I'm just guessing completely in the dark here.

I haven't undertaken any debugging of the issue, as I don't have the
time, nor do I have the knowledge to be able to tell you what might be
happening as a result of the change.

All I can tell you at this stage is that with your patch applied, my
board doesn't boot past "Uncompressing Linux... done, booting the
kernel..". Once reverted it boots again.

I'll try to find some time to have a dig around, in order to provide you
with some more useful information.

--
Lee Jones
Linaro ST-Ericsson Landing Team Lead